- Brand: Mexflow
- Applications: In industries, Condenser tubes, cooling circuits
- Outside diameter: 5.0 mm (min) to 219 mm(max)
- Wall thickness: 0.5 mm (min)
- Length: 15 mtr(max) in straight; 150 meter(max) in coil; Subject to O.D. & W.t.
Commonly known as cupro-nickels, a range of copper-nickel alloys exists that possesses varied properties and thus are used in different applications.
Some popular copper-nickel alloys are-
- Copper with 30% nickel
- Copper with 10% nickel
All the copper-nickel alloys for copper-nickel alloy tubes have only one phase since the copper-nickel binary system shows complete solid solubility.Major Properties
Alloys rich in copper exhibit the following features
- Generally, properties vary in accordance with the composition, some properties are mentioned below The major variety are- Copper 90/10, Copper 95/5 and Copper 70/30
- The 95/5, 90/10 and 70/30 variety is stronger and exhibits superior resistance to impingement corrosion
- It exhibits outstanding resistance to corrosion in particular to sea water
- It offers good resistance to biofouling as 95/5, 90/10 alloy being slightly superior compared to the 70/30 alloy
- Good corrosion resistance
- good strength
- Can be hardened only by cold working
- Low-temperature coefficient of electrical resistance
- The nickel content helps the alloys to retain strength even at elevated temperatures as compared to copper alloys without nickel.
Such Cupro Nickel Tubes & pipes for Marine application are very vital for all industrial fields. The company's vast experience in the related field enables them to supply such tubes in accordance with the international standards with specific customer requirements.
The 95/5, 90/10 & 70/30 nickel alloy tubes are used as sea water condenser systems and desalination plants owing to good resistance against seawater corrosion and also for pipe work in chemical plants.
Due to the fact that 95/5, 90/10 & 70/30 alloy requires no surface protection thus providing extra safety, they are extensively used in the automotive applications for brake and hydraulic suspension systems and also as cooling systems in commercial vehicles and cars.
95/5, 90/10 & 70/30 Copper Alloys are also extensively used in marine applications owing to it's characteristic of good resistance to biofouling and sea water corrosion resistance and are used in applications such as cladding for ships' hulls, legs of oil rig platforms and seawater intake screens.
There are some other application areas of 95/5, 90/10 & 70/30 copper alloy tubes. These tubes are used in
- Sea water corrosion-resistant assemblies
- Condenser tubes
- Cooling circuits
The Copper-nickel alloy of the ratio 95/5, 90/10 & 70/30 have high erosion and corrosion resistance and high weld ability, is easy to install hence are used for condensers, ship building, and refineries.